Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Are QA Teams are responsible for delaying the product release?

Are QA Teams are responsible for delaying the product release?

I had some experience to delay the product release just before the release date. I found one show stopper issue before the release date and I was very happy to that I delayed product release and achieved something great like that.
Development team was working on day/night to solve the issue, and we were thinking that we have defeated the Dev team and it’s their responsibilities to fix it.
Before the postmortem meeting suddenly one big question banged on my head and I realized that it was my responsibility to find the Sev-1/2 issue at the early stages of the testing cycle, why/ how did you miss it. Then we started to analysis to find the root causes and took the corrective measures for future testing
And I realized that its QA responsibility to release the product on time with quality.

2 comments:

  1. Whose responsibility was it to put in those bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions. Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.

    ReplyDelete